Vidya Iyer, known by her stage name Vidya Vox is an Indian singer. Vidya Vox brings together influences of her Indian-American heritage to create music that is refreshingly new, unique and contemporary, seamlessly fusing together the intricacies of Indian music with elements of electronic and hip-hop for an undeniably catchy sound. Since launching her YouTube Channel in 2015 with mashups of Western pop hits and music from her native India, Vidya has amassed over 350 million views and over 3 million subscribers, changing the course of her life in ways she never thought possible.
- She was inspired by her grandmother to pursue Indian classical music.
- She studied psychology and biomedical sciences at George Washington University and graduated with a bachelor of science in biological sciences.
- While growing up, she was often bullied for her Indian background due to which she underwent an identity crisis.
- She moved to India for 2 years to learn music.
- She gain popularity from her covers and mashups that she often posts on her YouTube account. Her most popular mashup was Closer / Kabira, which clocked in over 55 million views in 7 months
- Apart from Bollywood songs, She also sings in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam too. And yes, she has also lent her voice to too many French notes.
- Vidya is fluent in many languages viz. Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, English & French.
- She staged her performance in various parts of the world like White House, Webster Hall, National Centre for the Performing Arts (India) and her performance are staged at Festivals Des Artes in Reunion Island, INK Women, Suriname, Dubai and Meru Concert Series in Netherlands.
Visit her official website @ vidyavox.com.
-------- Thank you --------
If you are a Model, Tiktoker, Instagram Influencer, Fashion Blogger, or any other Social Media Influencer, who is looking to get Amazing Collaborations. Then you can join our Facebook Group named "Influencers Meet Brands". It is a Platform where Influencers can meet up, Collaborate, Get Collaboration opportunities from Brands, and discuss common interests.
We connect brands with social media talent to create quality sponsored content